JC Maclean adopts a Health and Safe Management System in line with OHSAS 18001. Implementing the system started two years back and we hope to be certified in 2008.
Health, Safety And Environment Policy JC Maclean is committed to a policy for the protection of its employees and others including members of the public, its plant, equipment and the environment from damage or loss during or because of the Company activities andoperations. This policy shall apply to all employees of the Company, regardless of employment status.
The objective of this policy is to avoid accidents causing injury to personnel or damage to property by ensuring that the various groups and individuals who are present on the jobsite are aware of their HSE responsibilities. Each individual on the jobsite is expected do his best to ensure that all sources of danger are reduced to manageable levels, not only to protect his own life, health and material possessions, but, also important to prevent harm to occur to other people.Our aim in any Project is “Zero lost-time due to accidents.”
• Safe place of work will be maintained through high standards of house keeping, lighting and ventilation.
• Safe tools and equipment will be a standard in JC Maclean
• Safe access will be provided for ‘Works at Height’
• Permit to work system will be followed where necessary
• Personal Protective Equipment will be used as a last resort to safety
• Tool Box Talks – Weekly
• Job Specific Training – Abrasive, Pneumatic, Cartridge operated tools etc.
• Fire Fighting Training
• Basic First Aid Training
• Health and Safety training – NEBOSH, IOSH, etc
• Man-hours Worked – 4’879’216
• Number of Lost Time Accidents – 10
• Accident Frequency Rate – 0.204
• Accident Incidence Rate – 5.90
Man-hours Worked – 5’062’128
• Number of Lost Time Accidents – 7
• Accident Frequency Rate – 0.138
• Accident Incidence Rate – 3.30